Thursday, March 24, 2011

BWO Time

The BWO's have been hatching really well my last couple trips to the Current. The bugs have been coming off sporadically all day making for consistent dry fly fishing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still be hatching next week when I head down but considering all the rain we got and are going to get I think I may be nymphing or tossing streamers.  If luck is on my side here's a couple of patterns that should find their way onto my leader.
CDC Dun
Hook:  Dry fly hook of your choice (TMC 100 # 20 shown)
Thread:  Sheer 14/0 olive (any thread that can be split works)
Tail:  Dun hackle fibers
Abdomen:  Brown/Olive superfine dubbing ribbed with thread
Thorax/Wing:  Natural Dun CDC in split thread trimmed on bottom of shank

Hackle Stacker Emerger
Hook:  TMC 206 #20 or your favorite emerger hook
Thread:  Sheer 14/0 olive
Shuck:  Antron yarn
Abdomen:  Biot
Thorax:  Synthetic Peacock dubbing
Wing:  Dun dry fly hackle paraloop style

No comments:

Post a Comment