Monday, April 11, 2011

Current River Report 4/09/2011

Time Fished:  All day
Weather:  Sunny and hot
Water Level:  About normal for this time of year
Water Clarity:  A tiny bit off color
Access Fished:  Baptist

     Just a quick report.  Fished Baptist just about all day on Saturday.  Started off throwing streamers in the morning trying to catch something big.  I did catch a few but nothing really big.  The best was about a 15 inch brown that took the yellow streamer from my last post.  Around 11am I went back to the car to eat lunch and switch to my 4 weight.  The fishing was very slow during the middle of the day.  I did manage to pick up a couple on a royal coachman wet.  I went WAY downstream, a choice I was regretting during my walk back to the car.  When I finally did decide to turn around I switched my leader to a French Nymphing setup.  I had a #14 cream caddis pupa with a tungsten bead as my point fly that resulted in all but one of my fish going back upstream.  This makes sense because caddis were hatching a little bit throughout the day, although they never did hatch enough to get the fish's attention on the surface.  Luckily, the fishing picked up a bit once the sun started to go down.
     It was a pretty good day fishing, although not a spectacular day catching.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment